By Jejje Muhinde;
In such a drought, residents in Gatsibo have reasons to smile after World Vision in partnership with the government commissioned the Minago Water Supply System which will benefit over 27, 000 local residents.
In her speech during the official event on Wednesday, June 24 at Gatoki, the Secretary of State in the Ministry of Justice Solina Nyirahabimana said the project is the fulfillment of the promise for people to have access to clean water.
Minister tasked the residents of Gatsibo to take good care of the infrastructure, reminding them that they should protect and maintain this pipeline while making use of it.
The project was built at a cost of Rwf 1.8 billion, a partnership between World Vision which contributed 67 percent around Rwf 1,2billion while the Gatsibo district spent the remaining 33 percent estimated around Rwf 619million.
The Mayor of Gatsibo District, Richard Gasana thanked the Christian NGO that has worked in Rwanda since 1994.
He asked residents to ensure quality use of the system to access clean water to maintain proper sanitation.
The 99.8 km Water Supply System will serve over 27,000 local residents with clean water for hand-washing facilities built at Rutare Health Centre.
Leave a Reply