The Rwandan Cabinet this Monday, January 18, 2021 decided to place the capital Kigali under total containment for two weeks following the rise of COVID-19. Government banned movement into and out of the city, except for essential services and for tourists, an announcement said following a cabinet meeting.
The meeting chaired by Presidet Kagame cited a jump in the number of cases found in the city of Kigali.
“All employees, public and private, shall work from home, except for those providing essential services,” a cabinet statement said.
Rwanda has so far registered 11,259 cases of coronavirus and 146 deaths with 3,701 active cases. However the resurgence of the spread of the disease happened in this December and January which has been termed as the second wave of the novel coronavirus.
The latest strict measures limiting movements only targets the residents of Kigali while other parts of the country are restricted between provinces and districts. In Kigali any movement must be authorized by the Police.
Leave a Reply