• Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Friday, May 22, 2026
  • Login
No Result
View All Result
Rwanda Dispatch
Magazine
  • Home
  • Business
  • Politics
  • National
  • Economy
  • Social
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • E-dition
  • Entertainment
  • Home
  • Business
  • Politics
  • National
  • Economy
  • Social
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • E-dition
  • Entertainment
No Result
View All Result
Rwanda Dispatch
No Result
View All Result
Home Social

Over 200 Former Combatants Return to Rwanda, None Sent by DRC

by John Mugisha
28 November 2025
in Social
0
Over 200 Former Combatants Return to Rwanda, None Sent by DRC
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterWhatsapp
PDF Button

Rwanda’s National Commission for Demobilization and Reintegration of ex-combatants (RDRC) said Friday that more than 200 fighters from armed groups have returned this year, and none were sent by the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).

Gen. Maj. (Rtd) Jacques Nziza, vice president of the RDRC, made the announcement to military attachés from foreign embassies during a visit to the commission’s Mutobo center in Musanze District on Nov. 28.

The June 27, 2025, peace agreement between Rwanda and the DRC calls for the DRC army to dismantle the FDLR armed group, based on the CONOPS plan approved during Luanda talks in October 2024. Under the plan, any offensive should be preceded by campaigns urging fighters to surrender. Those who refuse are to be targeted by the FARDC, the DRC’s military.

Nziza said that while FARDC issued a statement on Oct. 10 prohibiting its soldiers from cooperating with FDLR and conducting campaigns to encourage fighters to surrender, the DRC government has shown little willingness to repatriate Rwandans in armed groups. In previous years, it regularly released fighters.

“It is important to know that before January this year, last year, and earlier, every three months here in Mutobo we received up to 30 former combatants and their families,” Nziza said.

The fighters returned from North and South Kivu provinces, areas controlled by the M23 armed group, which opposes the DRC government. Returning combatants hand themselves over to the U.N. peacekeeping mission in the DRC (MONUSCO), which then transfers them to Rwanda. On Nov. 25, 15 fighters returned along with seven family members.

Related Posts:

  • Returnees
    Returnees at the Border: Trauma, Trust, and the Work…
  • Ambassador Khaled
    One-On-One with HE Khalid Musa Dafalla, Ambassador…
  • Rwanda REG
    Rwanda’s Energy Transition: New Tariffs, Clean…
  • Returnees_FDLR
    Forty‑nine Rwandans, including ex‑FDLR fighters,…
  • sudan-flag
    Sudanese Government Unveils Comprehensive Peace…
  • Childdren_comic notebooks
    From Ponds to Action: Rwanda’s battle against…
Tags: demobilizationDRCex-combatants
John Mugisha

John Mugisha

Next Post
Amputee Body Launches Sports Matches ahead of International Day of Person with Disabilities

Amputee Body Launches Sports Matches ahead of International Day of Person with Disabilities

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Search

No Result
View All Result

Mount Meru Gas

e-Dispatch

e-Dispatch

Click here to download this magazine

Organic Beer

archives

May 2026
M T W T F S S
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
« Apr    

Dispatch Agency Ltd is a local media institution based in Kigali with various media related products premiered with The Dispatch News Magazine.

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us

© 2023 Rwanda Dispatch .

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Business
  • Politics
  • National
  • Economy
  • Social
  • Opinions
  • Sport
  • E-dition
  • Entertainment

© 2023 Rwanda Dispatch .

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In